Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Alone

I can't actually remember the last time I was left home alone. The kids spent the weekends at their Lola Naty's place and hubby went out to attend his stated meeting with his Freemason brothers. So that left me alone in our home sweet home. I took the chance to finish household chores like clean our house. Although I know for a fact that the moment the kids step inside the house, everything will be topsy-turvy again. Messing up the house became a habit for them most especially to my youngest son.

I finished the laundry as well and did some writing assignments. I have updated my status in Facebook a lot of times too. Now here I am updating my blog, after this, what else am I going to do? OMG! I never thought that life can be so boring without hearing my kids whine over small things. I have gotten used to having them around, in fact I can even find time to take a nap despite their noise.

I have all the time in the palm of my hands right now, but I don't know what to do! I remember the story I have read long time ago; there were two moms complaining how rowdy their kids are and how messy their house is and then from behind them another mom shared her story. She said that she would not mind having to pick up her kids toys all the time; their house is filled with silence because a tragedy happened to their family that caused the lives of her children. This story left the two moms dumb-founded.

Truly you would never realize the value of a person until he or she is no longer at your beck-and-call. Mothers have the tendency to be too uptight without realizing that our kids are growing older and soon they will be entering their own world wherein you may not be  even allowed to enter.

It's nice to be on your own sometimes but I am sure most moms would agree with me, your kids voice shouting at the top of their lungs is actually a pleasing sound to a mother's ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts exactly...