Thursday, October 28, 2010

TCP Entry: Ratatouille

" Last night, I experienced something new, an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."; quote from Anton Ego the food critic in the movie Ratatouille.

photo not mine thanks to Google

This movie has become a favorite movie of my family. It showed how men and animals (Remy and Linguini) can work and live in harmony if they wanted to. Another moral lesson of this film is that, the good will always triumph over evil. See what happened to Chef Skinner, he was kicked out of the restaurant. 

I hope that everytime we watch a film, my kids will remember the lessons learned from it as well as the quality time we spent together. 

3 comments:

your thoughts exactly...