Thursday, July 15, 2010

Flower Talk

My hubby and I were invited to witness the public installation of officers for the Order of DeMolay; it was my first time to go to such event. I have no idea on what to expect, what I thought that it will be just the ceremony of the bunch of teens who are going to receive more responsibilities on their organization. My hubby being a part of the Free and Accepted Masons, serves as one of the guiding lights of the members of the Order of DeMolay. To show support, I went with him to be a part of this event.

I am sure glad that I went along with my husband; if not I could have not seen the most touching part of the installation of officers. One of the newly installed officer gave the Flower Talk. The Flower Talk is a part wherein the young gentlemen of this Order would give honor to their mothers. I was so touched with the Flower Talk and I could not help but shed tears. (Most moms actually did!).



Why am I so affected with the Flower Talk? well, simply because I have three boys. My gosh! they are growing faster than I thought; and pretty soon they will be spending less and less time with their parents most especially their mommies. There will come a time wherein you are not even sure if your kids will allow you to enter in their own world.

The Flower Talk tells us mothers that despite the strong facade that we see among our children most especially teenage boys; they are still the little babies that we once hold in our arms. The Flower Talk imparts the message to other young gentlemen of the Order to let their mothers know how much they love them. Life is too short to be taken for granted. It is important to say our appreciation for all the things our mothers did for us and to tell them how much we love them. I wish to hear one of my kids deliver the Flower Talk. If ever that time will come; it will be like holding your son again for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts exactly...